Monday, June 26, 2006

A Father's Blessing
On Saturday, my daughter passed me in the kitchen and said, "Hey Dad, I left a message on your blog thing...pretty cool." I didn't think too much of it right away but later that night, I sat down to check what she had posted and I was deeply moved.

hannah said...
dad. the cool thing about God is that he uses ordinary people to do extrodinary things. God know that Mr. Hank was going to follow him the whole time! i love you! - hannah

She just turned 13 and became a Christian about 2 years ago. The youth group at Wynnbrook has been a God-send for her. School is tough on Hannah - lots of mean girls, lots of peer pressure, lots of kids with parents seemingly far more interested in their own partying than raising their kids -- it makes for a tough environment for a new Christian. Yet, she has the outlet of that youth group - a place she can escape the junk she faces daily at school and be uplifted in her faith. She missed several home football games (breeding ground for all kinds of trouble for 12-13 year olds) this fall to be with the youth group's Friday night events. I just can't put words on how special that group of leaders are in that youth group.

So as I read her post, I was moved by her faith. At 13, she "gets it". Wow! What a blessing that is for a Dad who loves his girls mightily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you daddy!!
- hannah