Friday, July 14, 2006

Venturing out
A lot has been happening over the course of these past four months for me and I wonder, "What are you doing God? Where are you taking me?"

I'm a dreamer by nature and that isn't a bad thing but recently, I've felt God's pull to start putting dreams into action. I read from McManus' book Chasing Daylight last night and this hit me right were I am...

"Don't sleep through your dreams!" Ever heard that voice? It calls you like a temptress to abandon the monotony of life and to begin an adventure. It threatens to leave you in the mundane if you refuse to risk all that you have for all that could be. If ignored, the voice dims to silence. Yet every now and again, like a siren, she sings and begins to woo you back. She awakens within you dreams and longings you put to bed long ago. It is rarely a conscious action to choose to exist rather than to live. For most of us we are simply lulled to sleep. But there is no rest in this condition. To sleep through your dreams is to choose a life of restless nights and unfulfilled days. To avoid the pain of fear, doubt, and disappointment we have numbed ourselves from the exhileration of a life fully lived.

We are all haunted with the fear of living lives of insignificance, and we all hear the voice that tells us we can live the dream. Somehow, we know to play it safe is to lose the game. By definition and adventure is "an undertaking or enterprise of a hazardous nature." In other words, it comes at great risk and at significant cost. And life as God intends for you to live it is nothing less than an adventure.

God is calling me to an adventure. It will be exciting, scary and fulfilling if I seek Him all the way through the journey. Soar.

No comments: