Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tempted?
Andy Stanley has a good sermon on his website www.northpoint.org on sexual temptation. It primarily deals with sex before marriage. It is a very good summary of why sex before marriage (and outside of marriage) is wrong. The culture doesn't want us to believe it but that is a lie.

He said a divorced woman approached him one time after he gave a similar talk to high school students and she basically said, "That was great and all but you are really just talking to the kids right? I've already been married. That doesn't apply to me ... does it?" He was at a loss for words and knew he had to come up with a one sentence reply that would stick with her. He responded, "Let me ask you this. Whenever you've had sex outside of marriage...has it ever made your life easier? Or does it just make things a bunch more complicated?" He said she teared up immediately and said, "It just complicates things." Of course it does because it is wrong. It isn't God's design and our world seems to have forgotten that.

Anyway, Andy has a great daily prayer he says and I want to share it with you. He ties it to the verse - "You were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your body."

"God, I surrender my hands, surrender my eyes, surrender my ears, surrender my feet to You today.
I want You to use this dying, decaying body to honor you somehow today.
I want to go where You want me to go.
I don't want to say what You don't want me to say.
I don't want to hear what You don't want me to hear.
I don't want to see what You don't want me to see.
I want to honor You in all I do.
Whatever the price for what I will miss seeing, hearing or feeling, I will pay to honor You. I will pay because I won't fall for the lie."

Short, sweet and to the point. It is warfare men. Put on the armor every single day and be aware.

Soar!

No comments: