Monday, May 22, 2006

Forward
This is all about moving forward. This is about the call of the wild. God is calling. Occasionally, we hear it and we are drawn to it. Throw off the shackles. Rid yourself of things that weigh you down. Cast your eyes on Jesus and run the race before you.

I, for myself, am disappointed in the past five years of my life. I've let my job distract me from my walk with God. Bad stock markets have a way of doing that and yet, one day I'll get to Heaven and God will say to me, "I lost you for about 5-7 years there...what were you doing?" I'll reply, "It was my job - you know, the one you gave me - things were terrible, we had the dot.com crash, 9/11, recession and I was spending my every waking moment thinking about my clients (you know, the ones you gave me) and worrying about the stock market." And God, in all his majesty will sadly, quietly say, "The stock market, what is a stock market?"

You see, God isn't focused on the things that consume us. Oftentimes (I suspect) the things that absolutely consume us, don't even register on His screen. He is focused on us. We are his children and He isn't terribly worried about our job, our home, our things, our place in the community - God is just standing on the edge of the pasture calling out to a lost sheep.

This "awakening" for me is all about never going back to the life I formerly knew. Life is too short to waste it. My call is to help other men wake up. To help other men throw off the shackles that weigh them down - to drop a life of expectations and to pick up a race with God.

The Barbarian says - "The future is uncertain, but we need to move toward it with confidence. There's a future to be created, a humanity to be liberated. We need to stop wasting our time and stop being afraid of what we cannot see and do not know. We need to move forward full force because of what we do know."

Soar.

No comments: