Friday, May 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Shannon
My wife is wonderful. Today is her birthday. Shannon became my wife 17 years ago this week and today we celebrate her birthday.

Shannon doesn't play the society "game". She is a home body. She makes our home the wonderful refuge it is. She is my peace. Our home is complete only because of Shannon.
Our girls have a wonderful mother - always there, always with a hot meal, always listening to their needs, meeting their needs and loving them through the good days and the bad.

I've often kidded her that when she dies, it will be all the "little" people that show up to pay tribute to her. In this, she shows her faith. Shannon doesn't play up to the "right" people. She befriends the checkout girl at Publix and Target. They all know her by name. The seamstress loves Shannon because Shannon treats her as a total equal. Shannon is a friend to the not-so-important people - she loves the least among us.

So here is to my wonderful wife. I love her so much and she is such a mighty blessing to me.

No comments: